Frequently Asked Questions
- What Does It Mean To Have A Frozen Shoulder?
- How Is #Virtualreality Used In #Orthopedics?
- Does Dr. Badia Perform Wide Awake Procedures at the Surgery Center at Doral?
- Is Using A Computer Harmful To Your Hands?
- What Are the Advantages of an Arthroscopic Excision Vs. Open Incision (Ganglionectomy)?
- What Are Some Myths And Truths About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: When Is Surgery Considered Or Needed?
- What Is Arthroscopy?
- What Is Orthopedics Upper Extremity?
- If I Am International Patient Can I Use Telemedicine?
- Is Telemedicine Safe?
- Why Should I Use Telemedicine?
- What’s Telemedicine?
- What’s The Cost For A Telemedicine E-visit?
- How Do I Request a Virtual Consultation With Dr. Alejandro Badia?
- What If I Need A Procedure Or Surgery?
- Ouch, I Just Got Hurt! How Do I Safely Get Treated Amidst The COVID-19 Outbreak?
- Is My Orthopedic Condition Urgent?
- What Precautionary Measures Have You Taken To Ensure The Health And Safety Of Your Patients?
- What To Do With My Injury If Hospitals Are Overwhelmed During COVID-19?
- What Is The Difference Between Arthroscopic And Open Surgery?
- I Don’t Have Insurance. Can I Still Be Seen As A Patient?
- Will I Get Relief Of Pain Immediately After An Injection?
- What Is PRP?
- Do You Offer PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) Or Stem Cell Injections?
- What Is The Difference Between An Orthopedic Surgeon And A Hand Surgeon?
- Do All Surgeries Require General Anesthesia?
- What Are Your Office Hours?
- Do You Have On On-Site Surgical Facility?
- What Hospitals Are You Affiliated With?
- What Is The Recovery Time For Most Procedures?
- Can I Have Surgery On Both Hands At The Same Time?
- What Causes Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS), And Can It Be Prevented?
- Will The Injection Of Cortisone To Alleviate Inflammation Cause Weight Gain?
- Can Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS) Resolve With Therapy?
- Do You Perform Surgeries Alone?
- Do You Only Treat Hands?
- How Long Has Dr. Badia Been In Practice?
What Does It Mean To Have A Frozen Shoulder?
Its name suggests the fact that the shoulder loses range of motion, and deep pain is a common component of this troublesome malady. ⚠️Cause⚠️ Very frequently, this condition develops because of trauma to the shoulder, which can include prior surgical intervention; however, [...]
How Is #Virtualreality Used In #Orthopedics?
Dr. Badia uses WAVR (Wide Awake Virtual Reality) with those patients who want to mitigate against anxiety Tune in every Tuesday for #livesurgerytuesday! On this video below, we went live with a carpal tunnel release procedure with patient using virtual reality #wideawakevr. WAVR [...]
Does Dr. Badia Perform Wide Awake Procedures at the Surgery Center at Doral?
Yes, Dr. Badia Uses WAVR (Wide Awake Virtual Reality) WAVR is a better and safer way for people to experience medical procedures without the need for sedatives. It’s Always Safer to be Awake. wideawakevr View this post on Instagram A post shared by Top hand [...]
Is Using A Computer Harmful To Your Hands?
Dr. Badia, hand and upper limb surgeon shares his thoughts! One common myth is, "Any hand pain or tingling is a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome, especially if you use a computer all day." Watch this video below to learn more about myths and truths about Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (CTS). [...]
What Are the Advantages of an Arthroscopic Excision Vs. Open Incision (Ganglionectomy)?
A Ganglion cyst starts when fluid leaks out of a joint or tendon sheath (tunnel) and forms a firm swelling beneath the skin. The cause of the leak is generally unknown, but can be treated via open incision, or arthroscopically as seen here. Advantages of arthroscopy compared to open [...]
What Are Some Myths And Truths About Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?
One common myth is, "Any hand pain or tingling is a sign of carpal tunnel syndrome, especially if you use a computer all day." Watch this video below to learn more about myths and truths about CTS. What are some related Carpal Tunnel Syndrome myths? [...]
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: When Is Surgery Considered Or Needed?
Although surgery sometimes makes the symptoms go away for good, it's not always necessary. Other treatments are usually preferred, especially if the condition is still in an early stage. A carpal tunnel release surgery is usually only needed for treating a very uncommon condition called [...]
What Is Arthroscopy?
"A lot of people ask us what arthroscopy is," so we figured we would do this video. Dr. Alejandro Badia explains this is a minimally invasive technique where a fiber optic instrument attached to a camera projects into a monitor that allows the orthopedic surgeon and his/her team to [...]
What Is Orthopedics Upper Extremity?
In this video Dr. Alejandro Badia explains what orthopedics is and also explains the bodyparts treated by an upper limb surgeon. To learn how Dr. Alejandro Badia can help you with your specific orthopedic needs, please call (305) 227-4263 or complete the quick form below. Read more [...]
If I Am International Patient Can I Use Telemedicine?
A major benefit of Telemedicine is that you can do so while living abroad and visit your Specialist. Feel free to contact us at to schedule an appointment, or complete the online form below. Note : Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be completed. IMPORTANT: [...]